Are You Next on Ransomware’s Hit List?
Maybe lady luck has been on your side thus far when it comes to evolved CryptoWall 4.0 attacks, but don’t breathe a sigh of relief just yet. Without secure backup solutions, you very well could be next.
Ransomware has evolved, cybercriminals are becoming increasingly meticulous, and businesses aren’t keeping up. This just isn’t good business sense; with each new threat evolving and rising, you can be in some serious trouble. CryptoWall 4.0 can infect your systems, and force you to pay a ransom for your own hard earned work. Not all cybercriminals are true to their word though; your ransom could end up getting you nothing but empty pockets in return.
CryptoWall 4.0 infiltrates your systems through:
- Phishing, and
Your employees need to be made aware of these threats and to be on the lookout for anything suspicious. If something seems out of place or someone has opened something they probably shouldn’t have, immediate attention needs to be drawn in order to save your crucial data.
Recovery Steps to Follow:
Confiscate & Isolate the System/Workstation
- Report suspicious activity and perform a hard shut-down to the system immediately,
- Isolate the system from the network,
- Test several files to further isolate the date and time of attack.
Restore Infected Files
- Use Safe Mode and scan the computer with it,
- Restore files to date prior of infection,
- Backup all files on external devices such as a USB drive or SSD.
Ransomware might have a script set in place to automatically delete your files if its own are being removed. Proceed with caution and never try to remove the infection manually.
- Educate your employees, they are often the main target and must be made aware of each threat,
- Report all suspicious activity immediately,
- Do not download, click, or open any suspicious links or emails,
- Update your security as threats arise,
- Always scan removable devices,
- Turn on firewall and security settings,
- Never respond to unknown emails and messages.
Backup, Backup, Backup.
Always backup your systems and files, every day, on-site and off-site. Backups can be the difference between losing everything and saving everything. What good is a business if it’s not secure? You want everything you’ve ever worked towards to be safe; that’s exactly what we can do for you.
How we do it:
- Discover how the infection infiltrated your networks,
- Protect your business with additional layers of security,
- Restore your data and operations,
- Minimize the risk of attacks happening again.
If you say YES to the security and protection your business deserves, and NO to Cybercriminals and their ransom, take our free assessment today.
Yes, I want a comprehensive IT security and antivirus protection assessment!
You can also contact Hammett Technologies by phone (443) 216-9999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with one of our IT professionals today.