With the advent of mobile device usage both in businesses and personal environments, proper digital security measures are more important than ever. Mobile devices are often given full access to company information, even though they're at even greater risk of breaches due to their use with public Wi-Fi, multiple downloaded apps from untrustworthy third parties, and the ease with which they're lost and stolen.
Are you confident in your mobile device security measures and policies? To ensure your business' security across all types of devices, contact Hammett Technologies today at (443) 216-9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help businesses maintain a secure and effective mobile device policy, Hammett Technologies now offers a Mobile Assessment service. Consider the following eight steps when determining your business' need for mobile management and security:
- Create Formal Policies for Mobile Devices: A brief statement about protecting corporate assets will not only be easy to understand and remember but also allows for a simple buy-in process from each user. Make it clear that the rules aren’t in place to make the users' lives harder, but to protect the organization.
- Inventory and Monitor Software: Create a list of authorized software for each type of device (company laptop, tablet, etc.) and use tracking software to monitor any changes.
- Secure Hardware Configurations: Create a template of approved configurations for all your laptops, and block end user access that would allow users to edit these configurations.
- Assess and Remediate Vulnerabilities: Proactively identify and patch software vulnerabilities on all mobile devices on a regular basis using remote software management tools.
- Utilize Anti-Malware and Antivirus Software: This is a very simple step that is often overlooked for mobile devices; device protection can be extended to mobile devices with free or inexpensive security solutions.
- Secure Web Apps: As security on their individual devices can be difficult to manage, it is crucial to secure these web apps and routinely test their security. Deploy web application firewalls that inspect all traffic to check for errors.
- Control Wireless Access: Allow wireless devices to connect only if they match an authorized configuration and security profile that has a documented owner. Manage all wireless access points and configure scanning tools to detect access points.
- Create a Policy Server: These servers allow you to access mobile devices remotely, wipe them if they are stolen, install necessary applications' anti-virus clients, load patches to the OS or applications, and ensure that any data copied to the device is properly encrypted.
Stop worrying about your business' mobile security. To get the protection you need without compromising your employees' ability to accomplish work, sign up or call us at (442) 216-9999 today.